Thursday, October 13, 2011

to kill a mockingbird



"To Kill a Mockingbird is a novel by Harper Lee published in 1960. It was instantly successful, winning the Pulitzer Prize, and has become a classic of modern American literature."
The story is in Maycomb - a fictional town in Alabama through the eyes of Jean Louise 'Scout' Finch, sister of Jem and daughter of Mr. Atticus. A sweet, determined and a literate six year-old girl growing up in a political, social poverty years of 1930's.
I bought the book in an old bookshoppe that was closed in 2012. What a shame! I remembered the title because of the movie. I didn't watched it. I have always preferred to read. I had a nice and gentle sensation to read this warming story so full of life. I couldn't stop to read it until the end. I gave it to my daughter but is no time yet for her to read. I'll wait and one day will be the right time.
NOTE: Since I wrote this post I bought 3 more editions of this amazing book that seats now in my bookcase. In February 2015 at 88 years-old, Harper Lee nearly blind and deaf after a 2007 stroke, and after a lifetime of maintaining that she would never publish another novel, will released in July 2015 her second book "Go Set a Watchman". Her words were: I’m alive and kicking and happy as hell with the reactions of Watchman.
And, finally my daughter read "To Kill a Mockingbird" for the first time in 2014 in High School. She didn't appreciate it. 
I'll wait and one day will be the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment